Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
What an encouragement!
- He has given me hope (an anchor for my soul) through Christ
- God's power is shielding me
- I can greatly rejoice even though I suffer (intensely at times) from OCD
- Suffering increases my faith and results in glory to God
- My faith brings "inexpressible and glorious joy"
- The end result of my faith is the salvation of my soul
Praise the Lord!
What verses have you found to be encouraging in your life?